Sunday, February 8, 2009

Kingman County Geocaching and a Great Steak Dinner

Saturday Feb 7, 2009 was a warm day with little wind - perfect for an afternoon of exploring.




I left Wichita and headed into eastern Kingman County. I drove thru the Smoots Creek and South Fork Ninnescah River valleys, crossing each several times. Along the way, I found three (3) geocaches, one at Murdock Cemetery, another near the former town of Georgia, and finally one in downtown Kingman.








I also walked along Main Street in Kingman for several blocks, marveling at the brick and stone architecture, and taking many photos. This is one of my favorite things to do in a small town.






Finally, I went on to Turon in southwest Reno County for dinner with some friends from Hutchinson at Barb's Bar and Grill. Saturday evenings are steak night at Barb's, and I had a fabulous fillet mignon, that was every bit as good as I have had anywhere. The place sure seems to be popular as there were a number of groups there and one large group next to us. I will definitely go back.


Finally, I had a pleasant evening drive back to Wichita. What a great afternoon!
Links:
Barb's Bar and Grill: 121 N Burns Street Turon, KS 67583 (620) 497-6457
My Photo Galleries for Kingman County:

No comments: