Monday, August 17, 2009

In the Right Place at the Right Time

There have been a number of times when I have been blessed to be in the right place at the right time to take a dramatic photo. I have found that it pays to be ready to snap some photos with almost no notice when conditions change quickly.

Such a situation happened this past Saturday. I had stayed around Wichita during the afternoon, and had been out in some rural areas near town. As I came back into town, I drove into a thunderstorm. While trying to navigate thru moderate rain down the city streets, I noticed a dramatic low arcing rainbow off to my left, so I quickly pulled into a parking and composed some photos.

This is my favorite photo of the rainbow. I cropped the photo to show the low arcing effect.


After I again headed down the street, the rain became heavier, the sun disappeared, and the rainbow was gone from my view in another few seconds.

No comments: